- Phosphorus (P) and potassium (K), along with sulfur (S), magnesium (Mg), and boron (B), are essential nutrients needed for a balanced crop nutrition program in corn.
- Aspire combines potash along with two forms of B (fast and slow release) in every granule for uniform distribution, season-long B availability, and a flexible application window.
- K-Mag is a unique 3-in-1 nutrient source that features low chloride, water soluble nutrients, and does not affect soil pH; regardless of application rate.
Crop: Corn (Zea mays)
Locations: 11 trials across the following states – IA, KS, MN, ND, NE, SD
Data Source: Field studies conducted by third-party, independent researchers.
Experimental Design: Small-plot RCBD with 4 replications.
Cropping Conditions: All trials conformed to local cropping practices.
Treatment (Trmnt) / Rates / Timing:
- N Rate: Applied according to local recommendations
- P Rate: 80 lbs P2O5/ac applied across all treatments as MAP (11-52-0) or DAP (18-46-0)
- K Rate:
- 2020: 60 lbs K2O/ac as Aspire or Aspire (50) + K-Mag (10)
- 2021: 50 lbs K2O/ac as Aspire or Aspire (40) + K-Mag (10)
- Application Timing: Preplant
Application Method: Broadcast Incorporated
- Addition of Aspire increased corn yield 8.1 bu/ac compared to the control (N+P).
- Replacing a small amount of Aspire with K-Mag increased corn yield by 4.2 bu/ac over Aspire averaged across 11 trials (2020-2021).
- Higher yields with the Performance Acre demonstrate the value of uniformly distributed macro- and micronutrients for a balanced crop nutrition program in corn.
- Access additional yield data, technical information, and resources at CropNutrition.com