- Spring wheat is typically grown in the Northern Great Plains and Western Prairie Provinces of Canada.
- MAP is a common phosphorus (P) fertilizer applied to spring wheat.
- MicroEssentials SZ is a premium P fertilizer that provides uniform nutrient distribution of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), sulfur (S) and zinc (Zn), which includes a season-long supply of sulfur.
- In addition to N, P, S and Zn, spring wheat may benefit from applications of potassium (K).
Locations and Crop Management:
CROP: Spring Wheat (Triticum aestivum)
LOCATIONS: 11 trials across the U.S and Canada. United States: ID, MN, MT, ND, SD Canada: AB and SK
DATA SOURCE: Field studies conducted by third-party, independent researchers.
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: Small-plot RCBD with 4 replications.
- P Rate: 40 lbs P2O5/ac
- K Rate: 30 lbs K2O/ac
- Application Timing: Preplant
- Application Method: Broadcast incorporate
- MAP + MOP treatments showed a 5.5 bu/ac yield advantage over N only.
- MicroEssentials SZ + MOP increased yield by 7.4 bu/ac over N only and 1.9 bu/ac (3.2%) over MAP + MOP.
- This research demonstrates the benefits of not only P and K fertilization in spring wheat, but also the yield increase with a season-long supply of S and micronutrient (Zn) provided from MicroEssentials SZ.