- Balanced crop nutrition is critical for corn production.
- MicroEssentials SZ supplies nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, and zinc in one nutritionally balanced granule.
- The MicroEssentials Fusion® technology process creates a unique chemistry that results in increased nutrient uptake and crop yield compared to alternative sources.
CROP: Corn (Zea mays)
LOCATION: Sabanci University, Turkey
DATA SOURCE: Dr. Ismail Cakmak
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: Pot trials were conducted under greenhouse conditions and averaged across two soil types and two fertilizer rates:
- Loam (7.9 pH, 4 ppm P, 0.1 ppm Zn)
- Sandy Clay Loam (7.8 pH, 13 ppm P, 0.2 ppm Zn)
- Phosphorus fertilizer was applied representing a low and high P rate to each soil and balanced among fertilizer sources
- DAP + AS + ZnSO₄ blend was balanced for phosphorus, sulfur, and zinc rates
- No phosphorus (UTC)
- DAP + AS + ZnSO₄
- MicroEssentials SZ
- Fertilizers were homogeneously mixed with soil,
simulating broadcast and incorporated applications.
- Above-ground dry matter and nutrient uptake was
determined on 32-day-old/V6 corn.
- Corn phosphorus uptake was greater with MicroEssentials SZ than any other treatment.
- MicroEssentials SZ treated plants showed an increase in plant dry matter (biomass) when compared to
DAP or a DAP + AS + ZnSO₄ blend.
- MicroEssentials SZ treated plants had 39% greater phosphorus uptake at V6 growth stage than plants
treated with DAP or a DAP + AS + ZnSO₄ blend.