- Durum wheat is a common crop grown in the Northern Great Plains and Western Prairie Provinces of Canada.
- MAP is commonly used as a phosphorus fertilizer source applied to durum wheat.
- Durum wheat is known to be responsive to zinc fertility.
- MicroEssentials SZ provides N, P, S and Zn in one nutritionally balanced granule.
Locations and Crop Management:
CROP: Durum Wheat (Triticum durum)
DATA SOURCE: Field studies conducted by thirdparty, independent researchers.
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: Small-plot RCBD with 4 replications.
CROPPING CONDITIONS: Trials conformed to local cropping practices.
- P Rate: 40 lbs P2O5/ac
- K Rate: As required by soil test.
- Application Timing: Preplant
- Application Method: Broadcast incorporate
- Averaged across 4 years and 16 replicated trials, MicroEssentials SZ outyielded MAP by 2.0 bu/ac (3.3%).
- This data demonstrated a significant yield response to the sulfur and zinc found in MicroEssentials SZ.
- MicroEssentials SZ provides uniform nutrient distribution, increased phosphorus uptake, season-long sulfur availability, as well as zinc nutrition for additional yield and return on investment.