- Balanced crop nutrition is key to maximum crop production.
- MicroEssentials® SZ® supplies N, P, S, and Zn in every granule thanks to our proprietary Fusion® technology. Features include uniform nutrient distribution, increased nutrient uptake, and two forms of sulfur for season-long availability.
- Using Nutriform® technology, Aspire® supplies K + B in each granule and provides two forms of B for season-long boron availability.
- Using only two fertilizer sources, growers can partially or completely manage six crop nutrients.
Crop: Soybean (Glycine max), Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor), Corn (Zea mays)
Years: 2015 -2018
Location: Pine Tree Research Station in Colt, AR
Data Source: Dr. Nathan Slaton, University of Arkansas
Experimental Design: Small-plot RCBD with 4 replications
Treatments: MAP (11-52-0)
MAP + MOP (0-0-60)
MicroEssentials® SZ® (12-40-0-10S-1Zn) + Aspire® (0-0-58-0.5B)
P Rate: 30, 60, 90, and 120 lbs P₂O₅/ac as MAP or MicroEssentials® SZ®. Because P rate was typically not a significant effect, responses were averaged across all P rates.
K Rate: 90 lbs K₂O/ac as MOP or Aspire® (2015-2017) or 120 lbs K₂O/ac as MOP only or 50:50 MOP Aspire blend (2018).
Application Details: Preplant broadcast and incorporated
Fig 1. Yield increase (%) as a function of fertility treatment and crop-year combination within a cropping system.
LSD (0.1) values by year: 2015 (ns), 2016 (6.1), 2017 (1.8), 2018 (12.0).
- Balanced crop nutrition significantly increased yield throughout a multi-year cropping system study (Table 1).
- The magnitude of yield response to MicroEssentials® SZ® + Aspire® over MAP Only increased over time: +0.7% (2015), +9.9% (2016), +16.1% (2017), +41.1% (2018).
- Notably, a 67.1 bu/ac and 37.1 bu/ac response was observed in corn (2018) when MicroEssentials® SZ® + Aspire® was compared to MAP Only and MAP + MOP, respectively.
- These data suggest the potential for synergistic and compounded benefits with repeated balanced crop nutrition usage.